Rooting of Android Smartphones as well as installing new custom ROMs or Firmwares has become a very common thing now days. So in case you want to jump to the latest firmware, you could easily accomplish that by flashing your device. One of the most important points for upgrading your device to the latest firmware is that you must have a fully charged Android Smartphone, a Computer as well as an Odin Software.
But with the new release of Odin mobile version, the part where PC was needed could totally be skipped and thus enables the user to root as well as upgrade the firmware of their device from their Smartphone itself.
Flash ROMs / Firmwares on Samsung Android Smartphones using Mobile Odin
You must be surprised to know that the PC version of Odin is now transformed and transferred from PC to Android version. This new Mobile Odin Pro application is capable of performing all the functions which the PC version was able to perform and another plus point of the application is that it could be used even while on the fly.
Steps to Flash ROMs / Firmwares on Samsung Android Smartphones without PC
- First of all you need to download and install the Mobile Odin application on your Samsung Smartphone. You can download it via Google Play Store or from the given link.
Download- Mobile Odin
- After you have installed the Mobile Odin app, you need to find the firmware that you want to install on your device. You can find a lot of firmwares on SamMobile, and all you need is to find out and download the firmware that is compatible with your Samsung Smartphone model.
- Now start the Mobile Odin Pro application.
- Select the option “Open File” and then select the firmware that you want to install on your device. Usually, the application is going to detect the firmware by itself if it is installed on your SD card, but you can also take it to the exact file manually by browsing.
- After selecting the desired Firmware, select the other required options like auto installing SuperSU, Ever Root etc.
- After you have done this, the firmware installation process will begin automatically and the firmware will be installed on you Samsung Smartphone.
So this is it. After the installation is complete, your Samsung Smartphone will restart by itself and the firmware that you chose will be installed. You can check the version of the installed firmware by going to the Settings, then about phone. There you can see the base-band as well as the firmware version that is running on your Samsung Device.
Thank you for reading this post. You can subscribe to our blog and can also follow us on various social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter etc. to receive regular updated similar to this.