In this post I am going to discuss about the way which will allow you to pin recycle bin to taskbar. It is not easy to pin recycle bin to taskbar as other items just by doing a right click and then clicking on Pin to Taskbar. So here is a definite guide, which will help you in doing so. In my last article, I discussed about the method to delete recycle bin from desktop.
Why to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar?
When a program is pinned to the taskbar it may be opened in a single click; no matter in which window user is else user will need to go to desktop for opening the recycle bin.
How to Pin Recycle Bin to Taskbar?
As I have already mentioned (and you may have also tried it) that if we would like to pin recycle bin into the taskbar just by dragging it or right click method; then it is not possible. So, in order to accomplish this task, we need to follow the below steps:
- Right click on desktop and create a new shortcut (New>>Shortcut).
- Now in the browse field fill this: explorer shell:RecycleBinFolder
- Press Next.
- Name this shortcut as Recycle Bin.
- Now there is a shortcut on the desktop with the name of recycle bin. But,its icon is not similar to recycle bin. So, In order to change the icon, we go to the properties of the folder and click on change icon.
- Now search for the icon or browse it by %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
- Select the icon of Recycle Bin and apply it.
- Now, you can drag it easily to the taskbar.
Note: You can not move any file by dragging it into this recycle bin, which is now in the task bar. This can be used for the purpose of accessing the Recycle Bin.