In an old post of mine, I mentioned about the security issues related to Facebook images. Again, in this post I am going to discuss a method which may be concerned as lack of security in Facebook. In this post, I will tell the method by which one can see a locked profile picture of a user.
What are Private Facebook Profile Pictures?
In this world of social networking, Facebook is far ahead when compared with other social media sites. People upload their images, videos and post status regularly. Facebook has provided its users all kind of privacy. And that is for the Facebook profile pictures also. One can set its visibility to only me, friends, friends of friends, public or custom according to his/her wish.
Note: Cover pictures of Facebook timeline are always set to public view. Users can not change its privacy.
Even after this privacy, users can view the Facebook profile pictures, whom they are not allowed. Here is a little tutorial which will tell you how to view private Facebook profile pictures:
How to View Private Facebook Profile Pictures?
- Firstly, go to the profile of the user, whose profile picture you want to see.
- Now, right click the image and copy the URL of that locked picture (private picture).
- Go to a new tab and paste that link there.
- This link looks like:
- Now, remove the middle part of this URL in such a way that the URL will now look like:https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/59151_527783503940819_802150713_n.jpg
- Hit Enter.
- Now, you can view the enlarged or original image of that particular user.
Note: Remember that you can only view the profile picture, not like or comment on it until you have its permission.
So, this was pretty easy task, I guess (Hahaha). So, whom are you spying now? Oh, looks like a personal question. Sorry. But what do you think about this issue? Is it okay or not, if Facebook is allowing to download and view these private profile pictures according to you. Share your views on this issue using comment box.